Welcome to the Michigan Physical Therapy Clinical Education Consortium...promoting collaboration in physical therapy clinical education in and beyond Michigan.
This Consortium is a Special Interest Group for Clinical Education and is for you to get information, resources and contacts. You can get more involved by your participation at our meetings, at our courses and by being a resource for your sites. We welcome your feedback, involvement and participation.
MPTA Clinical Education Consortium Members,
As our health care systems, state and nation continue to respond to COVID-19, we have made the following changes for our upcoming CEC meeting on April 30, 2020. At this time, we plan to proceed with a virtual meeting via the GoToMeeting platform; please use the link listed below. However, we are changing the previously scheduled content and are leaving our agenda fluid as to best serve the needs of the CEC as the meeting approaches. If you have specific topics you would like addressed, please email either Co-President (Karen Berg or Ashley Van Dam) to have it added to the agenda. As the pandemic continues to evolve and changes occur rapidly, we feel that developing and sharing the agenda more closely to the time of the event would ensure that topics are relevant and timely, thus bringing the most value to our members. Please look for this agenda ~1 week prior to the virtual meeting.
*Also of note, the WMCEF Clinical Education Continuing Education Offering scheduled at Spectrum Health for April 18, 2020 has been postponed. We are looking at alternative date and formatting options and will update both the registrants and membership of this change as soon as possible once the details are finalized.
INFORMATION FOR THE SPRING CEC MEETING—APRIL 30:
Clinical Education Consortium Meeting
Thu, Apr 30, 2020 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3112
Access Code: 719-948-773
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Again, please reach out to me or Karen Berg (email@example.com) with any questions.
Ashley Van Dam
MPTA CEC Co-President
SIGCE Award Information and Committee Contacts
SIG Award Committee Members:
- Cindy Kincaid Outstanding Clinical Instructor Award
- Congratulations to Jeffrey Cook PT, DPT the Outstanding CI for 2019
- 2020 Cindy Kincaid CI Committee (WMCEF) committee members are Abby McGee, Karen Ozga , Kirk Randall, and Kristin Vanderark
- Norene Clouten Outstanding Center Coordinator of Clinical Education Award
- Congratulations to Sarah McAllister PT the Outstanding CCCE for 2019
- 2020 Norene Clouten CCCE committee members are Linda Hall (Chair), Kim Schwartz, Christine Decker.
- Nomination Forms can be found here.
- Please send completed nomination forms to the committee chair or member whose email is listed above.
- Thank you to those who served on our 2019 SIG Award Committees! New committees will be formed within the DACEF and WMCEF this fall.
ACCE/DCE List of Contacts
- NCCE Purpose: The National Consortium of Clinical Educators (NCCE) represents and engages academic and clinical educators through partnerships to advance excellence and innovation in physical therapist education.
- NCCE website contains information about the NCCE, NCCE leadership, minutes of business and general membership meetings, resources including ACAPT and NCCCE Regional Liaisons, ELC meeting reports, and more.
- ACAPT is the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- ACAPT Vision: Transforming health and health care through excellence and innovation in physical therapy education.
- ACAPT website contains information about ACAPT, ACAPT leadership, annual meeting minutes, motions and results, national student honor society, PT education research network, and more.
- ACAPT Website: https://www.acapt.org/
- APTE is the APTA Academy of Physical Therapy Education
- The Academy serves as a point of contact for those interested in patient and professional education, and a mechanism for networking and professional development. The operative philosophies that support the entire Academy of Physical Therapy Education involve a commitment to excellence in education, scholarship about education and leadership within the profession that relies so heavily on the teaching and learning process to support and maintain health.
- APTE website: https://aptaeducation.org/