"To promote education, research and other endeavours to facilitate development of the art and science of physical therapy and improve the accountability and credibility of the profession."
The MPTA Institute for Education and Research, Inc. is a sister organization to the Michigan Physical Therapy Association (MPTA). The MPTA Institute was created by the MPTA Board of Directors to provide a tax sheltered non-profit entity to promote research and education related to physical therapy in the State of Michigan. Annually scholarships, research grants, and awards are given out by the institute to encourage research and the continuation of the physical therapy profession.
Funds for the MPTA Institute are from the Michigan Physical Therapy Institute Endowment Fund at the Michigan Capital Region Community Foundation and donations made directly to the MPTA Institute by companies or individuals. We appreciate your support for physical therapy education and research in Michigan.
Donate directly to the MPTA Institute for Education and Research, Inc.
These donations are managed by the Michigan Physical Therapy Association Institute Trustees. The money received will be used by the Institute for grant funding, scholarships, to encourage research and presentation of information at state conferences and programs. This is a 501(c) 3 and a receipt will be mailed for your donation. Donations may be made in honor or memory of a person you wish to recognize. A card will be sent to the family of the person to honor your contribution.
- Print the donation form and make your check payable to the MPTA Institute and mail to MPTA Institute, 140B Purcellville Gateway Drive, Suite 120, Purcellville, VA 20132 USA
- Go to Michigan Physical Therapy Institute Fund to make a credit card contribution.
- Use the Institute Amazon Smile account whenever you shop on Amazon - Go to Amazon Smile and enter MPTA Institute for Education and Research or click here to add the Institute to your Amazon account.
- Grants: Small and Large
- Scholarships: Team Rehab Scholarship, Generation Care Scholarship
- Awards: Richard E. Darnell Research Award and Mabel E. Holton Award