The MTPA Upper Peninsula District will be holding an informative, one-hour session on Identification of Victims of Human Trafficking. This program meets the mandatory requirements set forth by the state of Michigan for re-licensure of all PTs and PTAs, and has been approved for 1 CEU.
This session will assist the health professional in the development of the fundamental skill sets critical to recognizing potential human trafficking victims, effectively communicating with them, and implementing the necessary steps to report this illegal activity.
Speaker Holly Lookabaugh - Deur, PT, DSc, GCS is a physical therapist and owner of a private practice in West Michigan, and is board certified as a Geriatric Clinical Specialist by the APTA. Trained in the identification of human trafficking victims, Lookabaugh-Deur, also currently serves as the Director of Professional Development for the MPTA Board of Directors.
· Seminar: January 11th, 2018, 7pm ET/6pm CT
· Broadcast to multiple Locations:
· Escanaba: John and Melissa Besse Physical Rehabilitation and Wellness Center; 300 Willow Creek Road
· Houghton: CMU campus at Michigan Tech, 1402 E. Sharon Ave
· Iron Mountain: Dickinson County Healthcare System, Conference Room E, 171 S. Stephenson Ave
· Manistique: Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital, 7870 East 2
· Marquette: UP Rehab Services, 555 County Road
· Sault Sainte Marie: War Memorial Hospital Rehabilitation Services, 2472 Ashmun St.
· Cost: FREE for MPTA members, $10 for non-members.
· This course has been approved for 1 CEU by MPTA to meet the requirement of identification of human trafficking victims.
Registration will open in January 2018
In 2018, our Spring Conference will be entirely focused on the issue of pain management. More details will be posted soon.