Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides direct physical therapy services for department patients. Serves as a consultant to other professionals involved in patient care
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* When nursing not ordered by physician, able to complete initial assessment including medication reconciliation, and set up the patient’s plan of care based on collaboration with physician.
* Provides physical therapy evaluations and treatment services to patients as prescribed by the physician.
* Develops a treatment plan delineating long and short-term goals based on the results of the evaluation. Interprets to the patient and family the evaluations results, the goals and methods of treatment, and the expected results of treatment; involves the patient and family in goal setting.
* Teaches appropriate procedures and supportive activities to patients and caregivers; interprets to the patient and family the evaluation results, the method of treatment, and the anticipated results of the treatment consistent with the care prescribed by the physician; teaches appropriate procedures, safety practices, and supportive activities to patient and family members; helps the family to accept responsibility for providing care.
* Recommends addition or modifications of equipment, appliances, and the physical environment of the patient’s home.
* Confers periodically with attending physicians regarding their patient’s progress, the physical and emotional conditions and reactions to treatment, and social and physical factors in the environment that affect patient care.
* Provides families with information, support, and encouragement to motivate them to participate actively in rehabilitation process.
* Maintains necessary records, assessments, progress notes, and clinical conference notes on a timely basis for incorporation into patient’s clinical records.
* Coordinates physical therapy services with the interdisciplinary term; consults with the other professionals as necessary provides advisory and consultation services to other staff.
* Demonstrated rehabilitation procedures and supportive activities on selected patients to other treatment team members responsible for follow up services.
* Instructs and supervises PTA’s in the provision of care for patients after initial evaluations per insurance guidelines and agency policy.
* Instructs HHA staff in home exercise program where appropriate and conducts HHA supervisory visits when RN services are not / no longer involved.
Maintains professional standards, compliance with State, Federal (CMS conditions of participation) and Joint Commission regulations, and infection control protocol by participating in in-services, staff meetings, process improvement teams, continuing education seminars when available, and adhering to the SHC expectations – standards of care guidelines.
Current Physical Therapy license in State of Michigan
Valid Driver's license and automobile insurance.
American Heart Association BLS Certification (within 6 months of hire).
Minimum of two years of acute care experience, out patient setting or Home Care experience
Recent experience in home care setting preferred
Education Doctorate, Masters or Bachelor of Science degree, graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy,
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Demonstrated knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to apply therapeutic principles and formulate effective care plans.
Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
Ability to enter/exit patient homes that may/may not be handicap accessible.
Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians, and interdisciplinary team.
Demonstrated ability to assemble and document data in proper format.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/70315744.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
June 27, 2019
|Company:||Sparrow Health System|
|Location:||Lansing, MI, USA|
|Contact:||Jessica Blood||Email:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||517.364.9790||Website:||Click to visit|
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Shift: 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday, No Evenings, Weekends or Holidays!
To be considered, apply at: Thome PACE
PACE® is a program that fulfills a wide range of healthcare needs of the elderly within the familiarity and comfort of their own homes and community. Through PACE®, teams of healthcare professionals who specialize in working with the senior community help participants and their family members make positive healthcare decisions and receive the care they deserve.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit plan, Accrual of Paid CTO (Combined Time Off), Paid Birthday and Holidays, Wellness Programming and Incentives up to $440 annually, Free Flu Shot and HEP B series, 403B Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity
The Physical Therapist evaluates and assess participants to determine mobility level and other functional abilities. Provides and recommends therapeutic exercise, gait training, ambulation, etc. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or designee but is independent in the application of advanced physical therapy knowledge and skills. Plans and develops group exercise programs for maintenance therapy for participants. Responsible for the overall physical therapy program at Thome PACE.
The information listed above indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required within the position. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy if obtained prior to the year 2000, if obtained after the year 2000, then Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy.
2. Must be CPR certified.
3. Minimum of one (1) year working with the frail and elderly.
June 18, 2019
|Location:||2282 Springport Road, Jackson, Michigan 49202, USA|
|Contact:||Angela Serpetti||Email:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||7344331.000.7307||Website:||Click to visit|
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose of Job:
Evaluate patients, plan treatment programs, and provide physical therapy interventions to patients. Delegate and supervise physical therapy activities performed by others.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Evaluate and assess patients based upon the written prescription of the referring M.D., D.O., D.D.S., P.A. or podiatrist. Establish reasonable goals with patient and/or family.
* Communicate the treatment plan, treatment goals, and progress toward goals to the patient and/or caregivers. Instruct patients and/or family members in home programs.
* Perform treatment according to the established plan, utilizing all available modalities, equipment and techniques within the scope of physical therapy.
* Performs medical record documentation according to established criteria.
* Re-evaluate patients, modify treatment programs and goals as needed, and make recommendations as to their discharge planning.
* Delegate to Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA's), Athletic Trainers (ATC's), Rehab Aides, and students/interns.
* Supervise the interventions provided by PTA's, ATC's, Rehab Aides, and students/interns ensuring that department policies and procedures are upheld and that quality patient care is provided.
* Supervise the activities of students and volunteers.
* Cooperate with support staff and other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services such as the registering, scheduling, and billing of our patients.
* Participate in inservices, staff meetings, team meetings, continuing education courses, and other meetings as needed.
* Provides inpatient care at Sparrow Clinton Hospital based upon the referral.
Job RequirementsGeneral Requirements Current/non-restricted State of Michigan Physical Therapist License.
Work Experience PT experience preferred.
Education Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Effective written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to perform multiple tasks.
Adapt to changing work situations are required.
Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in her/his assigned service area as related to the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training and experience.
Manual therapy skills preferred.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
June 6, 2019
|Company:||Sparrow Health System|
|Location:||306 E Elm St, St Johns, MI 48879, USA|
|Contact:||Lisa Brock||Email:||[email protected]|
Mission Statement and Core Values
Athletico’s sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our core values of patient/client satisfaction, accountability, teamwork and continuous improvement, which are the foundation for our unique culture.
The Facility Manager’s role is for the development and supervision of the day to day operations of the rehabilitation facility. Must be a licensed or license eligible physical therapist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager and/or Director of Services, the Facility Manager is responsible for:
- Manage daily operations of respective facility
- Maintain physical environment of facility and equipment
- Make recommendations for purchase of new equipment
- Perform weekly and monthly analysis of facility statistics (volume, parity, referral sources)
- Develop yearly service and marketing plans for respective facility
- Develop annual budget
- Coordinate and lead marketing efforts for facility
- Organize and lead quarterly staff meetings, and oversee clinical staff meetings
- Conduct interviews and hire qualified individuals for clinical, support, and administrative positions
- Oversee professional development and education of staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations inclusive of merit increases and 90 –day reviews for professional staff, assistants and office managers, and provide input on other facility-related evaluations
- Complete semi-annual incentive forms for eligible employees
- Oversee daily schedule and staffing
- Perform direct patient care Community Service and other events such as:
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or prevention.
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Assist with data collection as necessary
- Coordinate orientation of new employees with corporate office.
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians.
- Supervising rehabilitation aides with patient care and administrative staff as needed
- Supervising of PTA if applicable
- The Facility Manager is also responsible for continuing to establish and develop professional relations with Athletico’s valued referral sources including:
- Physician contacts – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Physical Therapy in the nation
- Physician office visits – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services in the nation
- Interoffice communication and follow up
- Education. Staff in-services, community in-services, attendance at continuing education courses, and follow-up summary of all continuing education courses to staff members.
June 12, 2019
|Location:||Warren, MI, USA|
|Contact:||Jennifer Nunley||Email:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||248.918.1641||Website:||Click to visit|
Premise Health is proud to partner with Quicken Loans and is seeking a Full Time Physical Therapist Assistant to work at a BRAND NEW Health and Wellness Center located in Detroit, Michigan.
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Administers physical therapy treatments to patients, working under direction of and as assistant to Physical Therapist, by performing the following duties.
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Associates Degree from an approved/accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Certified or Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant if applicable in practicing State.
- At least two years experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant in an outpatient orthopedic, occupational health, or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and/or an EMR.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
July 11, 2019
|Location:||660 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI, USA|
|Contact:||Martin Otto||Email:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||216.221.3984||Website:||Click to visit|
Are you Looking for the Perfect Place to Practice?
Covenant HealthCare is devoted to providing extraordinary care, in a variety of settings, for people of every generation. We offer a comprehensive, state-of-the-science program encompassing inpatient acute therapy, inpatient acute rehabilitation, transitional care, & outpatient therapy at multiple locations. At Covenant HealthCare, we put patient care first. And that is why you will treat only one patient at a time, JUST ONE.
Covenant HealthCare is currently searching for Physical Therapists to join our team of highly skilled & caring professionals. These opportunities consist of:
- Outpatient Orthopedic
- Per Diem – Inpatient & Outpatient Work Available
These positions offer salaries that reward your skills & experience, a commitment bonus, excellent benefits, career advancement opportunities, varied incentive packages, & much more.
Whether you have experience or are a new graduate, if you are committed to providing the best quality care, then Covenant can be the answer for you. Come work with an amazing multidisciplinary, specialty-trained team where you can share your knowledge & skills as well. Please call 989.583.4275 to speak with our Physical Therapist recruiter or visit us at www.covenanthealthcare.com.
June 18, 2019
|Location:||1447 North Harrison Street, Saginaw, MI, USA|
|Contact:||David Heinlein||Email:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||989.583.4275||Website:||Click to visit|
NOW HIRING: Our Neuro Rehab program in East Lansing is seeking a dynamic Physical Therapist to join our team! This position will work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals to continue inpatient, day rehab, and outpatient intensive rehabilitative needs. Applicants must be graduates of an APTA-accredited PT program with current licensure in the state of Michigan. Experience working with individuals with neurological conditions is preferred. New graduates encouraged to apply! Hope Network Neuro Rehabilitation (HNNR) is a post-acute interdisciplinary rehabilitation program providing services to individuals with neurological and orthopedic diagnoses. To apply, click here: bit.ly/2NcA8mp For more information, contact Esmeralda at [email protected] or 616.591.8525. To learn more about working at Hope Network, visit hopenetwork.org/careers/.
July 2, 2019
|Location:||2700 East Lansing Drive, East Lansing, MI, USA|
|Contact:||Esmeralda Perry||Email:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||616.475.7581||Website:||Click to visit|
Are you an exceptional orthopedic physical therapist with an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you have the drive to partner with an experienced executive leadership team to develop a new orthopedic physical therapy program?
Restore PT: A Division of Crawl Walk Jump Run Therapy is an established physical, occupational, and speech therapy clinic located in Clinton Township Michigan. We have earned a superb reputation for providing the best care and quality outcomes for our patients. Our primary focus is adults and children with neurological impairments. We are looking for an experienced individual who is driven and motivated to lead our new orthopedic program.
We offer a dynamic work environment that encourages leadership, teamwork, and innovation. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and incentives for growing successful quality outcomes, with potential directorship pending program growth.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a orthopedic physical therapist or physical therapist assistant.
Job Type: Full-time
License: PT or PTA
May 1, 2019
|Company:||Restore PT: A Division of Crawl Walk Jump Run Therapy|
|Location:||42804 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI, USA|
|Phone:||586.323.2957||Website:||Click to visit|